- Private security firms have more authority on private property than police.
- The police cannot stop anyone to ask if they live on property, what they are doing, etc.
- Off Duty Law Enforcement working a part time job...
- Legal ramifications of any issue on a part-time job.
- Off duty police are expensive.
- Private security operates in both the civil and criminal realm.
- Insurance Liability.
- The US Supreme Court has ruled – “it is not the duty of the police to protect the individual citizen…” Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App. 1981).
This is an informational document intended to help you in making an informed, cost effective decision.
Advanced Protective Services - We specialize in YOUR protection!